Become a Sought-After Salon Professional

Financial Aid

Steps to Apply for Federal Student Aid

Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). 

Review your Student Aid Report (SAR). This usually includes your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number. Your EFC is a measure of your family’s financial strength, the SAR should reflect the information you submitted on your FAFSA.

Contact US! You can reach us at 406.771.8772 ext. 4, or email us at [email protected]

Apply Today

Federal Student Aid is there to help those who qualify. See if you qualify by following the “Find Out More” link below.

Useful Websites


This website is easy to navigate, and may be used to access your account, make changes to your PIN, etc. Go to this website first, to create an electronic signature PIN. (Do NOT allow the website to create it for you).


This is where you can find information on federal student aid.

Use “MyFSA” to create a personalized folder.
Use FAFSA4caster to get an early estimate of your eligibility for federal student aid.
Apply online using “FAFSA on the Web” (the online version) of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
Obtain your FSA PIN to sign your FAFSA, if you haven’t done so already.
Look up the status of your loan

What Kinds of Federal Financial Aid are available?

Subisidized Loans

These loans are based on need. They must be paid back once you graduate, though while you are at Montana Academy, the Federal Government pays the interest on the loan for you. You will be required to pay the loan back in full (usually over ten years), starting after graduation.

Un-Subsidized Loans

You may begin paying on these loans as soon as you receive them, though you can opt to start paying them after graduation. The interest (which starts to accrue immediately) is typically lower than what you can expect at a bank. Unsubsidized loans are not issued based on need.

PLUS Loans

These loans are issued specially to the parents of their dependent students, and can cover up to the cost of attendance, less other aid received.

 Military Benefits

Our Great Falls Location is approved for the use of veterans education benefits.

GI Bill®

Currently we participate in:

Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill®)
Chapter 35 (Dependents Educational Assistance)
Chapter 33 (Post-9/11 G.I. Bill®)

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site athttps://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.


Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) provide financial assistance for educational purposes for qualified military spouses meeting eligibility requirements.