At Montana Academy of Salons we find a little challenge to be refreshing for our students, so we gave them a challenge.
Students had approximately 1.5 hours to group up, decide a makeup and hair style for their model and then execute the plan.
That doesn’t sound too bad right? There’s a caveat, they had to make the “how-to” tutorial as they went along.
Check out the work of the students who both beat their time crunch and put together a thorough but simple how-to just for you!
“Dazzle the Volume for New Years”
This look is sassy, classy, and… very easy to accomplish. Inspired by the ever-popular search for the perfect NYE look, this getup will certainly sparkle!
Products Used (hair):
Triple Take 32, Fashion Works 12, Quick Tease 15, Powder Grip, Braid Aid 03, Metal Works 08
- Brush hair straight back and segment the section on the top of the head from forehead to crown, and about 3 inches from the top of the ears on each side.
2. Coat side panels with Braid Aid 03, and dutch braid two rows on each side of the head.
3. Once the braids are complete take the section of hair on top of the head and work in Quick Tease 15 and Powder Grip 03; then back comb to achieve desired volume.
4. Use pins to secure the back-combed section of hair just beneath the crown in the center of the back of the head. Then apply Metal Fix08 and Triple Take 32 to the roots and blend up with your fingertips.
Products Used (Makeup):
Gold shimmery eye shadow, cranberry eye shadow, black shimmery eye shadow, black cream eyeliner, volumizing mascara, setting powder, concealer, contour/highlight/blush palette.
- Starting with a clean face, fill in the eyebrows to achieve desired shape.
- Prime lids with concealer, and then set them with powder to avoid creasing.
- Cover the entire lid beneath the crease and slightly into the crease with gold shimmery eye shadow; then use the cranberry eye shadow to blend gently into and slightly above the crease.
4. Use the black shimmery eye shadow to construct a v-shape beginning in the crease of the outer corner of the eye and working gently inwards along the crease and toward the lash line; leaving the center of the eyelid a blend of gold and cranberry.
5. Add a thick line of black cream liner to the upper lash line, and add two coats of mascara; contour and highlight as needed.
6. Set with loose powder and add blush to the apples of the cheeks, and enjoy your dazzling night out!